Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

My best friend, who is a year older than me, finally found the girl that he wanted to settle down with and they married in an elegant ceremony last October. I am so happy for him.

My family and I travelled all the way to Cagayan de Oro City in Mindanao (we are in the Visayas) just to attend his very special moment. He was dashing in white and his lovely bride wore a really nice gown.

During their engagement party, they were asked if they were going to give watches to each other. So my friend scouted around for a Rolex Watch--his dream watch--but found out that he could not afford one, let alone alone two watches for him and his bride. haha

I guess it just isn't practical anymore after all he and his wife both had nice watches as well and didn't really want another one. They weren't watch collectors so they were not keen on adding a new set. At the same time, their focus is on paying off their home mortgage as soon as possible so that they will not pay so much interest to the bank. Their house is on a 10-year installment plan but if they can pay off all the balance in 5 years then why not?

We were able to visit their new house in suburban Cagayan just before we left and it was a pretty house. Now my best friend is all settled. We are very happy for him and very happy that we were able to take part in his lovely wedding. He was not able to attend ours because of work constraints but at least we were able to attend his.

No comments:

Windy Drive

Last time, I was driving around downtown Bacolod when I saw a car that was stripped down to its metal. As in it was gray because it was buff...